Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving & Aby's Baptism


WOW!  It was a crazy week.  Lots of cooking, lots of family, lots of eating and best of all, lots of love.  This was my first year officially hosting Thanksgiving and I am happy to say it went great!  The turkeys were delicious, thanks to Martha Stewart and Andy's mad BBQing skills.  There was two 12lbs turkeys (one oven & one BBQ), dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, peas, and cranberry sauce.  Oh, lets not forget the delicious pies that followed, apple, pecan & two pumpkin.  I had some help from Andy, my Mother-in-law Jenny, and Claira. It was one of the best Thanksgivings I have ever had.
I am thankful for my husband, my children, my parents, my sister, my WHOLE family.  I am thankful that I have such a wonderful life. 
The Feast
Who knew you could wash that many dishes in 3 days.  I felt like I spent the whole time in the kitchen.  If I wasn't cooking and doing dishes it was my father-in-law Dennis washing and Andy loading and unloading the dishwasher.  I have no idea how Andy's grandmother, mother of ELEVEN, did it???
After the feast and events everyone relaxed and napped.  While others played tricks!

When Thanksgiving was all said and done, attention was turned to Abygail.  Her Baptism was Friday morning.  It was perfect. Everyone arrived here at the house and we walked over to the church.  It was a  quite, intimate event. 

May God Walk With Her Throughout Her Life

Father Farrell, GodFather Tim, and Godmother Lucie

Oh how I love my baby girl

Nana loves this baby girl too
And here is my World that I am so thankful for.


3 comments:

Rachel Evans said...

I loved this post! If I hadn't felt like death on a cracker, I would have cried. Sorry again that we missed the baptism...

Susan Thomas said...

oooh.. so precious. I loved aby's dress. I didn't know you had all of your family in town for the holidays! looks like you had fun!

Tabatha said...

Aby is so beautiful, you made me tear up!!