Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rocking Rose Ranch 2009

The kids and I spent the past 8 days having a little vacation at Nana and Papa's house.  It was relaxing but not very restful.  The kids had me going from one activity to another.  If we weren't swimming, horse back riding, or riding the motorcycle then we were off playing with the dogs or eating.  I have to say I could not have made it through the trip if I didn't have help from my sister and parents.  One kid wanted to do one thing, the other wanted to do something else.  It was fun, and I have to say it sure was nice to not have to worry about all the meals, laundry, or cleaning!
I have to say my favorite parts of the trip besides not having daily house chores to do, was getting to see all my friends/family and going wine tasting.
I don't get out without the kids much and if I do it is to the grocery store!  I know I am so pathetic, but really I love being with my kids and hubby so I don't think about going out without them.  But since Andy wasn't there and the kids were out numbered by Adults (6:3) I left with no reservation, it was great!  
William says his favorite part of Nana & Papa's house was riding the three-wheeler... 
(thank you Uncle Wess for bring that machine back to life.  It was special and brought back so many memories)
...and Shamis
.
Claira's favorite activity was swimming in the pool.  And yes people she can swim!  Some who know her well are not shocked by this new skill or her desire to learn but to see such a little monster kick and scoop like that is High-Five worthy!


I think Aby's favorite part of the trip was either the dogs, the swing or Michael.  She has a thing for this guy!  It was funny/cute.  She is not normally eager to leave my arms but she made him hold her every chance she got.  At first I thought she had a thing for Randy and that Claira was going to have to share her boy friend but when Michael got there it was clear she had eyes for him.  
I personally feel like they are forgetting many other fun things we did while were there. Here is a short list...
There was the dinosaur egg we for breakfast.  Yeah, Papa and Nana told the kids that they had dinosaurs that lived in the mountains and that they found this egg! (it was an Ostrich egg from a farm).  If the story of dinosaurs in the mountains wasn't enough to ruin the whole lesson in extinction I had taught them, then the dinosaur siting off hwy 101 did the trick.  Yes, there is a metal T-Rex out in one of the vineyards as you drive north on 101 and from that distance Wil was certain it was real!

We went Blueberry Picking

Watched Nana trot her stuff in the local Santa Ynez Days celebration

Wil saw this and asked, "Mama is that a Turkey?" yes, to which he replied "YUMMY!"

There was georgous dinners on the patio.  
Too many treats from soda, to "Pedro Donuts". 

A visit to the QuickSilver Ranch -- Home to the smallest horses where we got to see a 2 day old colt.

Some extermination of a bee hive that had taken over a barrel on my Mom's waggon.  This was actaully a very event.  Randy and I put on our jackets along with the hoods, took aim with some spay and I stuffed a sock in the hole, then when it was all over we both did the creepy dance.  Those bees were agressive! I am amazied neither one of use got stung.

The kids learned to do a CANNON BALL!  
Here is a little montage of the rest of our wonderful trip to the Rocking Rose Ranch (which, by the way is for sale!  Anyone interested in a beautiful 5 acre ranch in Santa Ynez Valley).  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are the cutest!! Thanks for sharing your fun times with us.

LisaK

Rachel Evans said...

Great post! Great trip! The scenery is gorgeous! Maybe one day the Evans clan can make it to Cali when you guys can go and we'll all have a big cervesa together. I'm so glad you got to see your family and enjoy them so.

Unknown said...

That just looked like so much fun! Keep those pics, the kids should never forget that trip. I thought Claira on the 3 wheeler was so cute! She is so tiny on there :)