Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween 2009

We did a lot of Halloween activities this year. I tried to spread out the season and give the kids as many chances to wear their costumes as possible. Come Halloween night Andy looked at me and said, "I think you may have got them a little too excited this year". I didn't know that was possible, I think the kids and I had a WONDERFUL Halloween Season! (Daddy did too)
We began the Season of Candy by attending a function at our local YMCA...it was HUGE, it was LOUD, it was FUN!

Next event was the Zoo Boo. It too was HUGE, it was CROWDED, and it was FUN!


Each kid got to go into the pumpkin patch 
and dig around till they found their perfect pumpkin
Then they got to go to a booth and color/paint it
As for the animals it was a cool 70ish degree day and the animals were out doing their thing.  A special treat that most animals got was a whole pumpkin for them to play with, eat or do what ever they wanted to.
This 8 month old Cougar had never seen a pumpkin before.  Her trainers drilled holes it it, filled it with meat and yummy things she might like and dangled it in her exhibit like a pinata.  She was pacing, swatting, and hissing at it!  
We learned that though the pumpkin was full of stinky mean she didn't really smell it too well.  Cougars use their sense of sight thus the sticky pinata style pumpkin.
Speaking of introducing pumpkins to animals, look at these animal.  The kids and I had a Halloween party to go to so to make my life a bit easier I decided to scoop guts at home.  Here is the neighbors and my monsters getting the first feel of pumpkin guts. (yes, they all did it last year but being as the oldest turned 5 yesterday it was basically a new experience.)
This one cracks me up!
yes, poor Max took one look at the others and said "SCARY!"
William was so proud.  He drew his bat, took his knife and carved it out almost all on his own.  He did get a little tired and let Claira and I help.  When we were all finished he looked around and asked why all his friends weren't carving...ummm Their Daddies are doing it for them.
Thursday night after soccer I took the kids to the Maze they had set up at school.  It was FUN!  This was the one night that they leave the lights on and let the little kids have a turn.  On Halloween they make it more like a hunted house maze, scary!
Friday while William & Claira were at school AbyKate had a Halloween Party.  Here is her and one of her dinosaur friends having a good time!
Finally the long awaited night arrived and after playing in the costumes ALL day they got to go Trick-or-Treating!
They ran, skipped, jumped, and screamed as fast and loud as they could from house to house
"Cinderella, Dressed in....Made a mistake and Kissed a snake. How many Dr will it take?"
I am so happy our new neighborhood seems to love Halloween as much as I do!
and to finish off the night we all gathered on our drive way with friends to give out candy.  It was a wonderful Candy Season.
Happy Halloween!

No comments: