Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Has Come and Gone

The holidays were filled with such magic around our house this year. The kids had so much fun decorating

Having hot apple cider by the fire

and receiving boxes in the mail...which like most kids they found the boxes more fun then the contents. There was the box car.

The fort with a box table for their hot coca 'tea' party

And when you have kids you have all the adorable Christmas shows. They had one at school that lasted over an hour! It was long, loud, crowded, and late, but I am pretty sure I had the cutest kids in the whole show!
This is my dorky mom picture, "come on guys, just one picture that's all...smile!"

Here is Claira singing "This Little Light of Mine". Oh how she practiced, and practiced AND practiced!

And here is William, who we weren't sure if he would get up on stage and sing or if he would get up there and just stand there. Not only did he make it on stage and sing, he did all the movements and you could hear him loud and clear :)

Now if all that singing didn't do you in for cuteness then you should have gone to see Claira's dance recital.

and just in case you didn't get the full adorable level from the picture I have a little video clip, HO HO HO...

When I was little my Aunt and my Mom would make cookies with all us kids and we would decorate them with as much frosting, sprinkles and hard silver ball candy we could make stick. I remember eating so many that now I don't really like sugar cookies. And really most of the fun in the whole event was not eating the cookies, it was licking the frosting off my fingers, making a mess with sprinkles, and laughing with my cousins. I don't get to see my cousins much but I have tried to keep a little bit of the giggles and decorating tradition alive with my kids. We have for the past 4 years invited friends over to decorate Ginger Bread Houses. Each family gets one and I have to say its a great time. No matter how old the kids or parents are everyone has a great time and it is wonderful to see how each families house come out different. Here are my kids, take note of AbyKate in the back ground picking up anything and everything she found on the floor.

Grandma and Grandpa finally arrived and Christmas Eve was upon us. The kids made their first, ALL by themselves, Pumpkin Pie. It was Yummy even if Claira rolled the dough a bit thin and it got a little burnt. I just couldn't convince her it was rolled enough!

Then it was Christmas!
a little pie for breakfast

and lots of time to play with new toys...this is Wil with his new Hot Wheels Snake Ramp that Claira bought him. Not only did I manage to capture the joy on his face but check out the car!

The neighbors gave the kids their old, but in perfect condition, playhouse! Aby was all about the door and windows...open, close, open, close and on and on!

Then there was the giant Giga Ball that the Flach's gave us. Basically its a human hamster ball...some person thought wouldn't it be fun to be inside a ball! It is!

They got lots of other fun toys too. Claira got a Pink Razor Scooter. William got some Walkie Talkies that Claira has already 'washed' and broken BUT he really has been very understanding. AbyKate got a grocery cart and has enjoyed pushing everything around in it. And I have to say they all have been amazing at sharing all their toys. There are new puzzles, new books, new movies and Williams new obsession LEGOS! I hope to take some more pictures of them with their new toys but with Daddy on vacation and the events of putting in new floors I have lacked on the photo taking. But I did take some pictures of us on a family outing to Inflatable Zone! Now that was a fun rainy day activity

On your Marks, Get Set GO!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!













No comments: