My role as Daddy kicked off with Soccer Practice on Friday night which left us for the 3rd night in a row getting home at 6:45 and teetering on the edge of meltdown with more then one little person.
Saturday morning was fun, we left the house happy and only about 30 min after I would have liked to. We went to the High School Yard Sale, I had been looking forward to, and nothing on my list was found :( But we enjoyed the morning walk and got to the soccer field early, good thing traffic was NUTS! I forgot my camera but let me tell you, Daddy missed a killer game! Not that we keep score, nor does it really matter "its all about having fun" BUT William scored 4 goals!!! The second and third one were right in a row! He did such an amazing job. I'm not sure what clicked but today he was fast, he was aggressive, and he was COORDINATED! After Soccer we came home and let AbyKate take a nap, and to my surprise she spent more then two hours in her bed playing. Finally we gave up on her nap so we could make it to our Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt and Party. We were there from before it started till after it ended (2+ hours). We did all the activities!
As soon as we arrived it was time to get ready for the hunt!
WOW! Look at all those eggs!
"A hunting we will go..."
"A hunting we will go!"
"Look at all the eggs we got! A hunting we will go..."
A rare, quick picture with the kids (and just so I remember, 24 week prego belly)
After the hunt the first stop was the pony rides...
How did she know to wear her boots? YEEHAAAA!!!!
GIDDY-UP Boy!
Once AbyKate spotted the GIANT Bunny that was all she wanted to see...but we pulled her away for a few other activities like, eating, face painting and the petting zoo!
Who you calling chicken?
Wil was loving the petting zoo. The llama and some of the goats/sheep were eating right out of his hands :)
And yes, I did torture them all to get this mommy shot. How could I not, they all have their faces painted like bunnies, ears included! Not to mention the fact they were all happy to go...not sure why AbyKate wouldn't smile, I think she might have been 'Star Struck'.
With all that fun just on Saturday what was I going to do on Sunday?
Sun is shining, Kids are happy, Lets go to the ZOO! So I packed us snacks, water, lunchs, diapers and off we went. We arrived a little after 10 and did our first stroller free day at the zoo. AbyKate did awesome, and kept up with the big kids.

The big kids also did a good job going at her pace looking at all the animals she wanted to look at. This was the first time she has been verbal enough to not just express an opinion but, the first time she has even shown one. I think the birds and primates top her list. Sorry the picture is on its side, oops!
The big kids also did a good job going at her pace looking at all the animals she wanted to look at. This was the first time she has been verbal enough to not just express an opinion but, the first time she has even shown one. I think the birds and primates top her list. Sorry the picture is on its side, oops!
My little orangutans
What was very fun, was we got to spend part of our outing with our neighbors and best friends. Oh happy times!
The special event today was a baby shower for one of the elephants who is due to deliver, they think a boy, any day now. I think these happy little elephants might belong in the zoo.
But with all that monkeying around Claira still found time to smell the beautiful spring flowers





No comments:
Post a Comment