Thursday, July 15, 2010

And She Has Arrived!

Yesterday I noticed that the Belly Baby hadn't really been moving. So, during Nap time I sat down, ate lunch and had a large ice water...nothing not even an elbow to the side. So I ate an orange in hopes the sugar would get her going...nothing!
I got nervous so I called my OB. She said due to my other symptoms this past week (throwing and severe exhaustion) she wanted to take the baby ASAP.  They were concerned the placenta was giving out.
Andy came home, I got the kids to a friends (thank you Bonnie!), and Grandma and Grandpa headed over from Austin.
We checked into the hospital just before 4pm and Dr. Peterson broke my waters about 5:30. It was a crazy ride seeing that due to past experiences I opted out of the Epidural. All I can say is who ever came up with this as the method of bringing new life into the world must be a man or just plain twisted!
The crazy ride ended at 1:34 am, Thursday July 15, 2010 and there in our arms we had one of the most beautiful little monsters.
Emilia Irene 20 1/4 inches and 8 lbs 7 oz
So tired, So proud, and So Happy
She scored a 8/9 on her APGAR!

I think she looks a lot like William (his eyes--though hers are still a dark blue)
She has huge feet and a big mouth like her Big Sister Claira,
and a cute little nose like Big Sister AbyKate
This afternoon everyone came to the hospital to meet the new little lady.
They were all so eager to hold her.



They can't wait to bring her home tomorrow! 
And look at the proud Grandpa
And Grandma
Its been a long day and this little monster could use some Mommy cuddles.  

2 comments:

Susan Thomas said...

She is beautiful, you are so blessed. I am glad you made it to the hospital. I would have been worried to! Thank goodness for Bonnie and your family being in the region! I hope you are getting some rest.

Tabatha said...

OMG!! I am so very far behind. Congrats!!