Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mothers Day

I am one lucky Mama. My cute monsters showered me with love...
The day was mostly full of family time, which I love. We had a great home made breakfast made by William, and myself. Then after we cleaned up and before we went to the neighborhood pool, they gave me all their wonderful cards, (this one is from William)
and their gift...a pig. Now I know your thinking "that's great you collect pigs" but did you know that when I got married almost 8 years ago I ditched most of my collection and I'm pretty sure that my kids don't even know about it. This pig is no ordinary pig it has 18 nipples! In fact when they took Andy to the store and they started to describe it to the sales lady they described it as, "a glass pig, with LOTS of nipples" Andy said it was the funniest thing, then when they all started jumping around squealing that they found it!
When I told them how much I "LOVED IT!" they explained that it was to replace the bunny that Aby had broken. This Bunny was something that my Grama Clara kept on her front porch, and when I moved out and got my own place I've always had it on my front porch. I can't tell you how many times I told the kids not to play with my bunny, Don't pick it up, Please pet it carefully. I was very upset when it broke and it was not just Aby playing with it at the time so really they were all at fault. I guess I got my feels across, but why a pig? Not a bunny? We'll never know...but I love the story of thoughtfulness and love that comes with that ugly little pig on my front porch. I couldn't have come up with a better gift.

No comments: