Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ring in 2009 with a BANG!

We began our celebration about 6:30 with sparklers, noise makers and fire works. The kids were so excited about the whole evening. Excited about their Luck and Fortune dinner (black eyed peas and cabbage), the big fireworks Daddy and Mr. Tim had and lets not forget the 4 foot long sparklers that changed colors!

The thermometer read 50, but as you can see by the way we're all dressed it felt about 35

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!



Now that it is 2009 I want to look back at 2008 and say THANK YOU. I know most people had a rough year but I had a year to be thankful for. As we left 2007 I found out we were expecting our third child. I entered 2008 not knowing what to expect and as I grew through the year and into the hot summer I found that I have found being a Mother the best job I could have ever been given. People would/will look at me and say things like, "WOW you've got your hands full" or "They all yours?" and I proudly say "YES!" and smile at each of my cute children. Don't get me wrong they can be monsters but they are my world and I enjoy every minute of every day being their Mommy.
I did notice that 2008 has brought some age to my face, droop to the boobs and lets just ignore the extra around the middle. But as I saw this in the mirror last night I realized they are all signs of the joys in my life. I am proud of my laugh lines, blessed for the healthy kids I have been able to nurse, and lucky my body can mutate over and over and bounce back like has.
My goals in 2009 will not change much. Enjoy my family, take care of them, meet their needs, accept them for who they are and who they will become. I am however going to put myself higher on list of priorities. Like most people who love their jobs they become workaholics and well as much as I blame Andy for this exact thing I am a no better.
We have started 2009 running. Claira has been using the potty for 4 days and we leave in a couple days to begin house hunting in Texas. Everyone is looking forward to our move on March 1st, a little anxious but excited about what it will bring.
Good luck to everyone in 2009!

No comments: