Thursday, May 21, 2009

Garlic Shrimp Linguine

Its been a long time since I posted a yummy recipe so here is a simple, delicious dinner that all five of us gobbled up.  I think it took me all of 15 min to make!
1 pound linguine
1 1/2 sticks butter
3/4 cup dry white wine
5 garlic cloves
drizzle of olive oil
1/3 cup of Asiago or Parmesan cheese
basil, oregano, salt and pepper to taste
1 pound medium peeled and deveined
DIRECTIONS
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat; add wine , garlic, basil , oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Increase heat to medium high and add shrimp, to skillet; cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp begins to turn pink. Do not overcook.
4. Turn OFF heat, add cheese and toss with cooked hot linguine.
Garnish with Cheese and fresh parsley or herbs, if desired.  The picture is of one of the kids plates.  They like their salad dressing on the side to 'dip'.

NOTES...
Due to dairy allergy I used Margarine instead of Butter and it was still Yummy
For wine I used Yellow Tail Chardonnay
I used 4 fresh basil leaves strait from the garden
1tsp dried oregano
1/2 frozen bag of Shrimp (defrosted under cool water)
couple shakes of salt and pepper--but Andy added more salt to his plate
**I think if your not feeding kids that some red pepper flakes would be a great addition when you add the herbs
The kids loved the shrimp, noodles, salad and rolls. Even Aby enjoyed it...but she fell asleep while eating her roll!

No comments: