Thursday, May 7, 2009

Our new set of wheels

Its not a new bike trailer but its new to us!  And it is a great way to get around the neighborhood.  We are lucky enough to live in a neighborhood with lots of pools, parks and splashpads.  I hate to load the kids up in the car just to drive a few blocks...all you California people are thinking "just walk!" but let me tell you its HOT and those kids are heavy!  Already today it is 91 but then you add the humidity and that bumps the heat index up to 95. And its not even officially summer yet! 
Anyhow, I found a great deal on this trailer and am very happy to say I plan to stay out of the car this summer, get some exercise peddling the monsters around to the neighborhood parks and to playdates.  They actually seem to like it.  At first Claira was white knuckling the frame and squealing but once we got down the drive way she relaxed and was cheering me on to pedal faster then William, "Go Mama Go!"  Gotta love it when you have your own cheerleader.  Aby on the other hand seemed to love the trailer, even feel asleep on the way home.  But she really dislikes her helmet.  It was the first time I have put one on her, I am sure she'll get used to it soon.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think there is anything cuter than Aby in that helmet.