Saturday, October 4, 2008

Zonta Festival

I took William and Claira to a Festival today, Andy and Abygail stayed home to bottle the newest batch of beer with Mr. Tim. Its their first attempt at Wheat Beer so I'll let you know how it turns out in about a month.
Back to topic...I took the kids to a festival today. There was lots of Arts, Crafts, Food and Activities for the kids. They had their faces painted, ate popcorn balls, jumped in bounce houses, went down blow-up slides, met Elmo, Dora and Spiderman (which Claira did not like, thus the tear smeared butterfly paint all over her face). But the best part was the free Pony/Horse rides. Claira wanted to ride the baby horse (pony) and she went all by herself. "MY DO IT!" So with a mixture of fear and proudness I watched as my baby climbed up on this pony and was lead around the rink by a 12 year old boy. She held on tight and you could just see the concentration and excitement in her face. I on the other hand, was nervously grinning and snapping all kinds of pictures to show her Daddy what a big girl she was. Did I mention how scared I was for her...she could have just slide off that saddle and that would have been the end of her love for horses. Now that I think about it, this might have been one of those times I was holding back from putting my fears on my kids. Yes, that's right...horses make me nervous! They are big, heavy, dumber then a bunny and can kick you! Not to mention buck you off if your so daring to ride on them! Ok, enough about my silly fears. Take a look at my brave Monsters.
Wil insisted on riding the Big Horse!
And was so patient waiting in the long line 
(Claira got to ride the pony twice, his line was so long)
"It's a Piggy Back ride!"
He says the funniest things these days.  
He also tells everyone we have a pig in our yard that eats toys.  

No comments: