William was so curious and began asking Andy endless questions while he was enjoying his oysters..."Daddy what that taste like? I never had those? What they feel like? Daddy are they spicy? Hot?" So just to get him to stop Andy gave him half of one with a little cocktail sauce. What do yo think he did?...
NO! He didn't spit it out and make nasty faces (I would, there like someone elses cold lugies, BLAAA) He said, "OOOOO that's delicious!" "Daddy can I have another one?" In a bit of shock and mixed feeling of being proud and not wanting to share Andy gave him another half and with a eager smile William gobbled it down. I think he would have had more but his pizza came and nothing is more delicious than that.
So while were enjoying our time at the restaurant the kids sat and enjoyed the view. Like I said the restaurant is on top of a bait shop that sits right on the Bayou. When we first arrived there was boat way out in the grass that had a few flags flying behind and William was sure it was a Pirate ship! Just to humor him that it must be a pirate ship but then it got closer and closer and I realized it was a pontoon boat. We hoped our happy little kids who were "ARGGGing" like pirates wouldn't notice. As it pulled up to the dock we all realized the driver/captain was wearing an EYE PATCH! The kids didn't know to be scared or go say Hi. It was one of those moments we sat there as parents in fear of what our children were going to say to this 'pirate' and his bandanna wearing friends. Lucky for all they sat in the bar on the other side of the glass divider. After dinner the kids had to go look to see if they had a treasure on their ship, and you wouldn't believe it they did! A COOLER! (looked like a treasure chest to them)





2 comments:
I cannot believe William ate raw oysters... that is the FIRST child, I've ever heard of liking it. He would probably love sushi, which is an addictive treat out. I use to eat raw oysters up until college and I caught a bad case of parasites from the gulf.. was sick for months. Haven't enjoyed them raw since. I will eat them steamed! Ian & I never got a chance to eat at Mikey's , good to know kids are welcome there.
love that facial expression! what a hoot!
Post a Comment