Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wil's first Home Grown Veggie & Invasion of the Claira Bug

When it was time to plant the garden I got William very involved this year. He helped turn the soil, lay the soaker hose, and pick out what vegatables he wanted to plant. He only wanted to plant carrots, so he did. I tried to tell him that if he planted his seeds in little containers first they would grow better but he insisted that his little seed could go strait into the garden, and as the weeks went by I was very glad he had forgotten about his carrots. All the other veggies we were getting, like lettuce and strawberries had taken his attention away from the non-growing carrot seeds. BUT yesterday I was pulling weeds and to my surprise what I thought was a weed was a CARROT!!! So I re-planted it and told William he had a carrot growing. Oh, how excited and proud he was!

We rinsed it with the hose and he ate it, even shared a bit with me! It was a little soft but very sweet.

Now my dear little daughter seems to be the bug who has been munching up ALL my strawberries. For a while I couldn't figure out why I was not getting any berries, I would see flowers and even little white baby strawberries but never saw one turn red UNTIL....what did I see when I looked out the window to check on the kids playing was little Claira bug over in the garden gently lifting strawberry leaves in search of treat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, this blog is so great, i love it , i'm sure it is time consuming but i can't tell you how great it is to be able to check in and see what is happening with your growing family so very far away. I love you guys and this blog makes it feel like we are still a part of your everday lives.
Thank you!!!!
love
Aunt Cata