Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day 2008


Hand Prints On The Wall
One day as I was picking
the toys up off the floor,
I noticed a small hand print
on the wall beside the door.

I knew that it was something
that I'd seen most every day,
but this time when I saw it there
I wanted it to stay.

Then tears welled up inside my eyes,
I knew it wouldn't last
for every mother knows
her children grow up way to fast.

Just then I put my chores aside
and held my children tight.
I sang to them sweet lullabies
and rocked into the night.

Sometimes we take for granted,
all those things that seem so small.
Like one of God's great treasures...
A small hand print on the wall


Last Tuesday I went to Muffins with Mom with William and he gave me my first mothers day gift. It was a book that he and his teachers had made. I didn't know but while we were at the park a few back Ms. Melissa had taken a photo of the kids and she incorporated that into Wil's painting for the cover. They also filled the book with poems (above), his hand prints, quotes and interview. The interview was as follows...

My Mommy....
by William

What is mommy's favorite color? Blue and brown----its actually yellow and green but I guess I like blue and brown

What do you love to do with mommy? Go on a bike ride----guess I'll do this more often

What is your favorite food taht mommy cooks? Pizza and Muffins!---I am not surprised, I am very over blueberry muffins.

How old do you think mommy is? FIVE ---- I am very glad I'm not five, but to him I know that is OLD

If you could go to a store and buy mommy ANYTHING you wanted, what would you get for her? flowers!--- a friend of mine got hers and it said "An Alligator!" Lucky her :)

Last night when I received my first gift of the weekend. Andy got home from work, yes on a Saturday, about 4:00 and took the kids for an hour or so to go shopping for Mothers Day. When they returned, William came running into the house yelling, "MOMMY! MOMMY! We got you something for Mother's Day" I responded with a big hug and said, "I'm so excited". He then proceded to tell me in front of his drop mouth Daddy, "I got you flowers, their orange and pink. But SSSSSHHHHHHHH its a secret :) Daddy is going to put them out on the counter after you go to bed." He was so excited all I could do was laugh and give him a hug. Andy just stood there in shock. Then said, We'll buddy I guess we need to work the definition of a secret. I guess he also insisted that they get me a card, and he wrote "LOVE WILLIAM" on it and Claira scribbled something cute. And I guess this week the Mail Lady is going to bring me a new Diaper backpack! Very excited, I have no idea how I will fit 3 kids of snacks, drinks, and cups into my current bag. The kids also made hand prints over at the neighbors house and Melanie printed a cute poem to go alone with them. Very sweet of them to do. My Mom also sent a very pretty hair clip with green stones along with a nice book of mommy quotes.






And my gift from Claira...we'll look for your self. She's growing so fast and joined us for dinner AT the table with no baby high chair tray! Can you belive my baby is eating corn on the cob with us at the table!


She even took her own dish in just like her brother. And such a proud little guy he was helped her reach the counter and told her, "careful Claira, don't spill"

No comments: