I give that recipe *****, yes 5 stars!!! It was delicious. Even the kids ate ALL their meat, potatoes, and of course the roll. I followed the marinade perfectly. As for the Blueberry Salsa I only changed the lemon juice. You can read in the posts comments that Rachel, who originally made the Blueberry Salsa, used Lime juice not lemon so I used 1 lemon and 1 lime. Mine tasted just like hers so honestly I don't think it matters, what every you have around would be fine.
Oh my, I forgot on the marinade I did substitute one thing. I didn't find this recipe till almost 10 last night and that is when the liquor stores close. Today is Sunday and living at the Southern end of the Bible belt it is un-holy to buy liquor on the Day of Worship. I was forced to use Rum Extract instead of rum. Like I said before, it was perfect! So real Rum or imitation Rum works great.
Of Course I have to give a big pat on the back to my BBQ master. Andy, you did a wonderful job!
THANK YOU MARIAN FOR REMINDING ME TO POST THE RECIPIE...
Blueberry-Rum Pork Tenderloin
Prep: 10 min., Chill: 4 hrs., Grill: 26 min., Stand: 10 min. Marinate the tenderloin up to 24 hours in advance to ease the preparation.
-Makes 4 to 6 servings
Ingredients
1 cup fresh blueberries
3/4 cup rum
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon chopped sweet onion
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 (16-ounce) package pork tenderloins
French bread slices, toasted
Blueberry Salsa
Preparation
Process first 7 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Pour mixture into large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add pork. Seal and chill at least 4 hours.
Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade.
Grill pork, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 11 to 13 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 155°. Remove from grill. Loosely cover pork with foil; let stand 10 minutes or until thermometer registers 160°. Cut pork into slices, and serve over toasted bread. Top with Blueberry Salsa.





1 comment:
my mouth is watering. dang pirates drank all my rum. that looks so awesome? where da tenderloin recipe? you must post as i'm sure next time da pirates come to visit they'll enjoy something besides pure rum.
dat blueberry salsa look so yummy too
Post a Comment