One week ago we returned from California and I took Claira BACK to the Dr because she was still complaining of ear pain. Just to remind everyone, the same time these episodes/seizures began we found the double middle ear infections. Dr. Fain did not find an ear infection this visit but did find fluid behind her right ear, the cause for the reoccurring ear infections. She has now been on a third and different type of antibiotic/antibacterial to keep that fluid sterile along with decongestants to try and dry up the middle ear. 48 hours after this medication regiment began she was seizure free. It has been a wonderful 5 days!!!! I can't tell you how relived we are to see this correlation. We hope and pray that we stay seizure free and that this fluid was the cause. I take her back to the Doctor the middle of July, I'll post an update then.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Claira's one WEEK seizure free!!!
One week ago we returned from California and I took Claira BACK to the Dr because she was still complaining of ear pain. Just to remind everyone, the same time these episodes/seizures began we found the double middle ear infections. Dr. Fain did not find an ear infection this visit but did find fluid behind her right ear, the cause for the reoccurring ear infections. She has now been on a third and different type of antibiotic/antibacterial to keep that fluid sterile along with decongestants to try and dry up the middle ear. 48 hours after this medication regiment began she was seizure free. It has been a wonderful 5 days!!!! I can't tell you how relived we are to see this correlation. We hope and pray that we stay seizure free and that this fluid was the cause. I take her back to the Doctor the middle of July, I'll post an update then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Glad she is doing better, she is so darn adorable. I voted for her by the way :)
This is great news - you know I go to church with Dr. Fain. I hear he is a great doctor! Great for Claira- great news for mom and dad too :)
Post a Comment