Some moms from my playgroup went to a place called Dream Dinners. It is a franchise of stores where you go and make a freezer full of dinners. I have never been but the girls said it was fun, and so far the meals are getting a ok review with the main complaint being the directions. Seems they want you to over-cook your meat.
This outing sparked an idea between Rachel and I. We decided we could do even better! Honestly I think we did. We made a list of 8 recipes that sounded yummy and seemed like they would freeze well. I made a list of necessary ingredients, then each of us checked our pantries and crossed off spices and things we already had. Leaving us with a grocery list that took us an hour and cost only $84 each! (keep in mind, we had some stuff so total it probably cost us $100 each family)
Sunday afternoon the hubbies played with the kids and for 6 hours we listened to music, chatted, diced, minced, sauteed and stuffed. In the end we had 16 family dinners, each!!!
- Cranberry Stuffed Pork Loin
- Sausage Crepes
- Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Shiitake Mushroom Chicken Bowl
- Taco Rolls
- Chicken Bacon Wraps w/ Honey Teriyaki Glaze
- Goat Cheese, Portobello with Pesto Pizza
- Shrimp and Artichoke Linguine
**I will blog the recipes as we eat them and let you know how well they froze and cooked.
My freezer is full, my feet are sore and I am more relaxed knowing that while I am busy with the arrival of the new baby that my family will eat healthy, yummy dinners...some Andy can even BBQ with no prep!





2 comments:
Sounds like something I need to do before it's time for the baby to get here.
How did the hubby's like the meals? You two are way too creative!
Post a Comment