After having been on 8 airplanes in the last month and spent a total of three weeks away from home. I am happy to say we're home for good! Actually, I would have liked to do one last beach trip but with the baby's arrival about 50 days from now, I think our chores list at home better start to take a place higher on our priority list.
Back to being home, the trip home was perfect; no delays & good kids. The house was just as we left it, with just a bit extra cat hair. Cleo was happy at first to see us but that quickly wore off as the kids chased her around trying to give her a hug. Mr. Tim did a great job taking care of the fish, they all survived and Andy went strait to work cleaning their filthy water and getting all the algae out. The kids were so excited to play with all their toys. As I expected Claira went strait for her dolls, then there was lots of block building. William even joined in the block building and made a 'dragon'. I on the other hand could only see Monday looming in the near hours and got strait to work. I watered the dieing/dead garden, unpacked the kids and myself (all clean clothes YEAH), went through all the mail. Amazingly enough William got 4 things in the mail he was so excited!, I also got some items I ordered before I left and so I tried on my new nursing PJ's and new bra and they fit perfect! (for all you nursing/prego friends I got them on a great sale through Baby Center) By the time I got all that done pizza was here and it was time to get the kids off to bed. As you can imagine I was whooped, so I was asleep by 9!
We did get sad new from the neighbors that the very nice man who lives up on the corner (some of you know him, the one with two dogs a crazy puppy and Coco the little black dog). He had a heart attack, not his first, and died some times this last week. We will miss waving to him every morning on our way out for the day while he returns from one of his many dog walks to the park. My thoughts and prayers are with his young wife and those sweet doggies.
Like I expected the kids were at my bed before the sun today, Wil had to pee at 1:15am (why he can't do this alone I don't know. He says nothing, just taps me on the arm, I actually think he is still sleeping). I was blessed with his arrival again at 5:40am saying he was all done can he get up. HECK NO!!! So he got his pillow, blanket, and Ruffy curled up on my floor and hummed until 6 when Claira called. I made lunch for Andy though I am sure it will only make it till 9ish since he didn't have breakfast, got Claira dressed and feed and have tried really hard to keep a positive mood with bossy William. Speaking of William I gotta go get him dressed and gather up all his swimming stuff, he as lessons in about an hour! Then off to the grocery store, naps & the baby doctor. Oh and clean up this pigsty! How does it get messy so fast? It sure is great to be home!





1 comment:
Welcome home and don't overdo it
Post a Comment