Since Andy called and said he was going to be home late I decided it was a good night to try this new recipe. It is served at room temp so it was perfect for a night of eating separately. The kids and I had a bit of a rough day so I don't know if they (mostly Claira) was still just being ornery and protesting dinner or what but Claira was more interested in pretending the noodles were snakes then eating them. William at first made funny faces at it, but after Claira being removed from the table 3 times for bad manners he decided he would be a show-off and eat his dinner just to prove he was a better kid then his sister. How ever it happened Claira ate half hers, and Wil ate his whole bowl finishing by saying "Mommy those silly noodles were yummy". Andy thought they were great and I liked them but would have like to see it more as a side dish to some kind of chicken. Actually maybe even adding some chicken to it would be good...but Andy isn't a fan of chicken or meat in his noodles unless it is a red meat sauce. He also isn't a fan of nuts in his pasta but adding some actual peanuts to it would have been yummy and given it a good crunch. I added shredded carrots and cut up some extra green onion for us adults to sprinkle on top. Andy of course covered his in Asian Chile Sauce making it so spicy I have no idea how he actually tasted the Peanut Butter. All in all a good quick, easy dinner...a great idea for a picnic!

RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
1 pound linguini, angel hair pasta, or soba noodles ( I used Spaghetti)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (I only had seasoned rice vinegar, worked just fine!)
5 tablespoons sesame oil
4 tablespoons soy sauce ( I used low-sodium)
2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger root (I used 1/2tsp dried/powdered)
1 small garlic clove, crushed
4 scallions, trimmed and cut
Optional toppings: grated carrot, scallion (sliced into rounds), cucumber (peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced), toasted sesame seeds, and chopped peanuts
1. Cook the noodles according to the package directions, then drain and rinse with cold water.
2. In a large bowl, blend together the peanut butter, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic.
3. Add the noodles or pasta, toss well, then garnish with the toppings. Serve at room temperature. Serves 4 to 6.
2 comments:
I have had a dish, very similar to this in the past, it is yummy! Hang in there!
my husband makes peanut sauce. I will have to tell him about yours so we can try it :-D
Post a Comment